Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm a bad mom.

There. I said it.

I love my kids, really, I do. They are my world. I never felt my life held a purpose until I became a mother. That being said, I just want to go to my room and lay in my bed. I want to watch Netflix all day and moan and cry over my sore mouth (had 2 wisdom teeth removed... worst decision of my life) and my finger, which I sliced yesterday while chopping potatoes for supper because I was too lazy to use a chopping board. So you know what I did? I held the potato on my hand mid-air and tried to cut it up. Well, all that did was slice a chunk out of my finger.

I'm sorry, Rebecca, that I don't want to move from my sitting or laying position to play with you. I am in too much pain, but could you please pass me that pillow? Thanks.

My daughter is amazing, I am so grateful that she is such an understanding, intelligent little girl. Yeah, she has her moments, but over all she is so great. She can even get herself a drink from the fridge without help, which is good because when I am feeding the baby (which is often) the poor girl would die of thirst if she couldn't.

I feel tremendously guilty that I don't play with her enough. Here I am, home all the time, and I just wish someone else could come over and play with her so I can sleep, or just sit and stare at the wall while my head throbs from the pain.

And yes, the TV is on, and we will likely watch Disney movies all day long. I don't even care.

Don't worry, kids. Your real mom will return soon enough. And hopefully she brings her husband's wife back too. This house is a mess!

3 comments:

  1. You are not a bad mom at all, don't even :) Having wisdom teeth removed is totally a reason to rest for a few days. I got my top ones out a coupe of months ago and honestly it wasn't that bad, but I heard the bottom ones are awful...Did you get either of those out? Anyway though I hope you start feeling better very soon. Is there anything you can take for the pain, even though you are BFing?

    I'm sure your daughter doesn't mind Disney movies all day, I know I wouldn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one top and one bottom done. If I decide to get the other two out, I'm not getting it done until I am done breastfeeding so I can take stronger drugs for the pain. Maybe I just don't handle pain well, but I DID push a 9 lb baby out without drugs so I am not sure that's the case ;) LOL

    I wouldn't feel so bad for Rebecca if it was just this one day, but this is day 5 in a row where I haven't been able to do ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete